1. NFL district?
Yellow Rose District!
2. What event will you never ever do?
I’ll start off with this: Every event is important and is a vital part of Forensics. Alright, there. Ummm….DI. I just can’t deal with so much depressing stuff squeezed into an hour. My own thoughts are depressing enough sometimes
3. Worst hotel experience?
The one where I had to be escorted to my room by two of the Seniors because two of our interpers almost got killed by someone. The paint was peeling, there were scratch marks on the outside of the doors, odd stains in the bathtubs, etc. We go back to the same hotel every year too… Not gonna lie, it scares me a bit
4. Best hotel experience?
NFL District Freshman year, hands down. It was a brand new and cheap. We thought our (infamously cheap) coach booked us in the wrong hotel… There were 2 beds and a couch in each room which meant everyone got their own sleeping space! And it was just perfection. I want to go back to it now…
5. Dumbest argument you’ve ever run into?
Well… There’s quite a few… One being that World War II was caused my resource extraction.. My judge and I shared looks on that one. Oh! And the one were someone argued that carcinogens don’t cause cancer!
6. How much caffeine do you drink?
Weeeeeeeelllll I’ve never had coffee. And I’ve cut down on my regular soda consumption by a lot, so really not that much. Which means I’m really cranky when I don’t get enough sleep
7. Worst joke you’ve ever heard?
The Cheerio Joke. Closely followed by dead baby jokes. My team favors both of these
8. Favorite song?
… old-commie-bacon you should know it’s impossible to pick one song… So not fair.
9. Have a pre-tournament playlist?
I usually just put my one of three Spotify playlists on Shuffle: Starred, Favorites, or Dancing music.
10. Favorite TV show?
Uhhhh… Errrr… That’s hard. I like Doctor Who, Sherlock, Avatar, Legend of Korra, Royal Pains, NCIS, and a few others here and there, but I can’t pick a favorite
11. Favorite event?
I have a feeling I might get crucified for this… Here goes nothing: Original Oratory. I love debate, but Oratory is just… I don’t know… I just really really love it
1. What grade are you in?
If I answer this my mother, who is quite close to finding my tumblr, will crucify me..
2. What do you do with old ballots?
I do one of three things: Keep them somewhere nice if they were important ballots/for bragging rights (I seem to have one stating I’ve beaten old-commie-bacon. I probably have a second one but I can’t find it :/), throw them in a huge stack on my footboard, or throw them out.
3. Where does your team hold practices?
The school. In our coach’s classroom
4. Do you have any good luck charms?
Actually… No… I never thought of needing them. I have things I take with me every tournament, but not for luck though
5. Are most of your friends inside of or outside of forensics?
Inside. All the way. Why do you think I have friends? They don’t have lives and spend them in random high schools as well!
6. Earliest you’ve ever woken up for a tournament?
3:30 AM. For a departure of 4:30 AM. Doing it again in a few weeks… Who needs sleep again?
7.Favorite after-tournament meal?
I am not picky. I just want food at that point. Basically anywhere except Mexican food. My coach loves eating Mexican food after a tournament and I just don’t want it anymore
8. A Forensics goal you have for this year.
Well I have a few… Make it to Nats of course and also earn (at least) 1,000 NFL points in a year
9. How well do the debaters and interpers on your team mix?
Very well! We have a lot of people who do both and some of my greatest friends. Since we’re a small school it makes it easier
10. Any drama on your team?
Interp=acting=drama so yeah :p Not really, or at least not any I hear.
11. Has forensics influenced your career choices?
That… is a really great question… I haven’t, in recent history, had a specific career choice in mind, but I do think Forensics has (at the very least) influenced the way I think and see the world and thus my potential career choice. I view the world much differently than I did in middle school or even Freshman year. I understand much more about it. Forensics has let me exhibit my abilities in speaking and arguing which opens up more doors for me (not that I need anymore doors open… But don’t look a gift horse in the mouth!)
1. If you could take any one person with you on a deserted island, who would it be and why?
2. What has influenced you most in your life?
3. What got you onto tumblr?
4. What occupies most of your time?
5. Worst injury you’ve ever gotten?
6. Random pet peeve of yours?
7. One thing you wish you could delete in your life?
8. TARDIS or Time Turner?
9. What is one thing you wish you could change?
10. Your opinion on US foreign policy?
11. Is there someone you miss?